Song Name: Tatala Saikate
Official Name: Kahe Visaya Mana
Author: Srila Vidyapati
tatala saikate bari bindu sama
suta mita ramani samaye
tohe visari mana, tāhe samarpala
ab majhu habo kon kaje
mādhava! hāma parinām nirāsa
tuhun jaga tārana dina doya moy
ataye tohāri visoyāsa
ādha janama hāma ninde goyāyalun
jarā sisu koto dina gelā
nidhuvane ramani rasa range mātala
tohe bhajabo kon belā
koto caturānana mari mari jāota
na tuyā ādi avasānā
tohe janami puna tohe samāota
sāgara lahari samānā
bhanaye vidyāpati sesa samana bhoy
tuyā vinā gati nāhi ārā
ādi anādika nātha kahāyasi
bhava tārana bhāra tohārā
1) O Lord, completely forgetting You, I have offered my mind unto the society of women, children, and friends—but this experience has been just like offering a drop of water unto the burning hot sands of the beach. How can I possibly be relieved of this great misery?
2) O Madhava! As a consequence, I am rendered totally despondent. You are the savior of the universe, and are merciful to the helpless souls. Therefore, I place my hope only in You.
3) Wandering about in a half-alive condition, I spent my life in utter disgrace. Uncountable days passed as a frivolous child and a useless old man. I have been intoxicated by the pleasure of sharing romantic adventures with beautiful young women. When will I ever get a chance to worship You?
4) Numberless Brahmas have died one after another, whereas You are without beginning or end. All of them take birth from You and are again absorbed in You, just like the waves in the ocean.
5) Vidyapati confesses than now, at the end of his life, he is fearful of death. O Lord! There is no shelter other than You. You will always remain celebrated as being the Lord of both beginning and the beginningless. Now the responsibility for my deliverance from the material world is entirely Yours.